Arizona Probate Lawyer and Estate Planner
Are you concerned about paying for your elderly parents’ long-term care? Do you want to make sure your estate avoids probate in the event of your death? Do you want to make sure you and your parents’ assets are protected? Are you concerned about an elderly loved one’s ability to make safe decisions?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, you need the services of Banker Law Office. Our firm has been providing estate planning and probate services since 2001 including the following:
- Guardianships & Conservatorships. When an individual is unable to manage his or her personal or financial decisions, we can assist with the court proceeding to ensure your family member is protected from physical or financial harm. In Arizona, a guardian has control over the person and makes personal and health care decisions for the incapacitated person. A conservator has control over the finances and property of an individual who has been determined unable to manage their own finances.
- Financial Power of Attorney. A document whereby an individual (principal) nominates an agent to manage the property and finances for the principal when he or she is unable to do so.
- Health Care Power of Attorney. A document in which an individual (the principal) nominates an agent to make health care decisions for the principal only when the principal cannot make or communicate such decisions themselves.
- Long Term Care Planning and Medicaid (ALTCS). In the event you or a family member needs to plan for the cost of long term care, we can assist with the various public benefits programs (i.e., Medicaid / ALTCS, and Medicare) to ensure you receive the maximum benefits available, while preserving as much of your own assets as possible to ease the financial burden of such long term care costs.
- Estate Planning. We will help you minimize estate taxes for your heirs, ensure your wishes will be honored, provide for continuity in the management of your affairs in the event of incapacity or death, facilitate the transfer of wealth while possibly avoiding probate, and ensure your own preferences regarding health care treatment are honored if you are ever unable to make such decisions through the use of a Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will.
- Minor Guardianships. A Guardian is someone who takes care of a child’s needs. This typically includes such things as shelter, education, food and medical care. Guardians also usually manage the finances of the child. Legal guardianship of minor children is regulated by state laws. Each state has their own unique requirements and obligations associated with becoming the guardian of a minor child.
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Trusts
- Veteran Benefit Planning
- Estate Administration
- Probate Litigation
Our experience and sensitivity are crucial when dealing with the serious, complicated and emotional issues of death and incapacity.
Don’t put off these important decisions. Call the Banker Law Office today at 480-626-0182. Our office is located in Phoenix, and we serve clients throughout Yavapai, Pinal and Maricopa Counties and the entire Phoenix valley.
Experienced Elder Law Attorney
Our attorney, Yvette Banker is experienced in elder law issues. She is a member of the Arizona chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and is the former president. She helps seniors, disabled persons and their family members with health care decisions, long-term care planning, end-of-life decisions and estate planning matters.
Contact Phoenix and Scottsdale Attorney
Contact the Banker Law Office for your estate planning, probate, estate administration, or elder law needs. We offer cost-effective, reliable and experienced service to clients throughout the Phoenix metro. Whether you have a young family and are planning for your future, or you are concerned about protecting one of your elders, we can help.